Wednesday 27 January 2010

First Filming Session Saturday 23rd Of January

First filming session- Saturday 23rd January...

I can sit here and calmly admit this filming session was a success! It was a very long day of madness and chaos... I wanted to do this filming in one bit hit, this way would be most simple for me as it would meen only arranging actors for one day, the weather would be the same (As England is very unpredictable) and i could get on with the editing quicker which will be most time consuming for me. To make sure Saturday would run as smoothly as it could, the night before i prepared the equipment and texted actors double checking they knew times, their costumes and dialog lines they needed to say. I made sure the camera's were fully charged and filming tapes were good to go.

The day started at 10AM... i was busy with my partner setting up the tripods and re-arranging furniture to set the mise en scene how i planned. I 'House borrowed' my friends house as it had enough space to allow me to use all camera shots from a variety of distances, especially my establishing shot. Throughout the day i used my checklist of scenes, shots and pictures i had previously produced to ensure every aspect of filming was covered. There was a great deal of trail and error shots until we achieved the perfect take, this would explain why we finished at 8pm! although i did have lots of fun filming.


Here are some of the photo's setting up during the day.

Tripod, with camera ajusted.

Setting up video camera
Props of wine and mise en scene candles placed.

Props of costume... High heels, which i am proud to own.

Setting out the mise en scene. Pictures of the Husband and Wife in photo-frames as shown in previous blog.. along with candles to show realism of the couples bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment