Sunday 7 February 2010

Editing

Editing

On Thursday 4th of February, I began the lengthy and comprehensive process of editing, in other words my weakness! Although my entire filming process is not fully complete yet, my partner & me aim to do this over the weekend depending on the weather. Similar to my filming schedule I began importing & arranging the basic clips to be edited in order so i can ensure I have all the time I need for my trailer editing time & also a film magazine & film poster. I have thought ahead and have booked the use of the Apple Mac Laptops every Thursday, this ensures that the editing is not rushed & I can fully make use of the sorfware iMovie.

We began by importing the footage from two tapes of filming I used onto the Apple Mac laptops. This was a very time-consuming process taking almost an hour with 100 clips being uploaded. On notes I had created rough title slides that divided the narrative into sections for my trailer:

 He expects to live a fantasy
 But in return
 His fantasy is a living nightmare...

With my editing objective this day, I wanted to put all my clips in order therefore making the filming process that little bit more organised, undemanding & it became easier to add transitions and make cuts being able to watch the trailer in order. This helps me to see what could be added and improvements that could be done. I found this task hard as it was the base of my film trailer and meant I have to retain information with iMovie, but lucky for myself my partner practically the imovie genius helped me through and explained parts I didn’t understand, But eventually I got the hang of the technicality of iMovie and found myself moving quickly.

The clips myself and my partner have edited & organised so far are not complete and are certainly not perfect. I aim to place all of the clips into the correct order and then to slowly perfect the cuts, transitions, effects, timings & titles siles to make a professional looking film trailer.

(Pictures and video to be uploaded... error in my Blackberry)

No comments:

Post a Comment