Sunday 21 February 2010

Photoshop - Creating My Film Magazine

After currently researching Film magazine front covers and their conventions, I have decided I want one dominate lone fairly simplistic image with an eventful background such as: city buildings, beach scenery or forest scenery. I came to reach this idea by noticing the ‘popular’ & successful film magazine brands such as ‘Total Film’ & ‘Empire’ use this technique. By using this image of background it will instantly attract my target audience for this magazine. As my personal film is the feature of this magazine I will show off & exaggerate the title of my film along with a tease of stimulating gossip!

Opening up Photoshop was nightmare! so many saved documents I was confusing myself just trying to find the Photoshop background I started working on for my film Magazine...


This picture was PERFECT...just the background I was trying to create. The only thing I needed to change about it was the colour of the background. Thankfully changing the colour like I did my film poster didnt take half the time as I had been on Photoshop for what seemed forever.


Here I wanted a dark effect to match the genre of my film THRILLER..so the writing on my magazine would bold, clear an easy to read as well as standing out.

Choosing the magazine film title

I had the background image colour ajusted when I realised I need a magazine title! For the first half hour nothing 'special' came to mind. I typed into google 'media film terminology' (http://www.screenonline.org.uk/education/glossary.html) & to my surprise nothing jumped out for me to name my magazine. I was getting a little Impatient and Irritated so I decided to play around on Photoshop with other tasks that needed to be completed. unexpectedly whilst using the 'zoom' button I had a brain wave..to call my magazine ZOOMED. In my case zoomed is used as a Metaphor, instead of as the usual and normal meaning to zoom into a picture... my magazine is zooming into the film industry taking a closer inside look!

My next idea was to create a title on a website & shimmer it up to look profession. In theory my idea seemed good.. but the title's I had created had an impractical element that I didnt want so I went back onto good old Photoshop.


Here a screen print of www.fonts.com... this site was not too helpful so I tryed www.dafonts.com which was much more practical & realistic, but as you can see below not quite 'professional' enough compared to photoshop.

Here is a selection of other images & other desires I wanted my Film Magazine to include please click on link on the image below:

No comments:

Post a Comment